Field test participants should review the testing, registration, and score reporting policies made available on this website. You will be required to indicate that you have had an opportunity to review them prior to registering to test.
If you are due a refund of test registration fees, your refund will be issued by Evaluation Systems as a credit to your credit card account within five weeks of your request. If you applied a voucher toward registration fees, the amount of the voucher will not be refunded.
If you are absent from the test, you will not receive a refund or credit of any kind. (See the absentee policy .)
If after registering for a test you would like to withdraw the registration you may do so as indicated below.
- If you have not yet scheduled your test appointment: Submit a withdrawal request through your account.
- If you have already scheduled your test appointment:
- First, cancel your test appointment at least 24 hours before your scheduled testing time. To cancel your test appointment, log in to your account, select Reschedule, and follow the instructions provided.
- After canceling your test appointment, submit a withdrawal request through your account.
- CBEST, CSET, & CTEL: If you registered to take multiple subtests/sections and would like to withdraw registration for some, but not all, subtests/sections, you must withdraw the entire registration and submit a new registration with the new subtest/section selection.
If after registering for a test you would like to withdraw the registration, log in to your account, select "Confirm or Modify a Registration," and follow the directions provided.
- If you withdraw by the late registration deadline, you will receive a full refund of the test fee.
- If you registered during the late registration period, the late registration fee will not be refunded.
- You may not withdraw your registration or receive a refund if you register during the emergency registration period.
If you have registered for the RICA Video Performance Assessment, have not yet submitted your materials for scoring, and would like to withdraw the registration and receive a partial refund, submit a Withdrawal Refund Request Form, available to download and print from the Forms page.
If your request to withdraw a RICA Video Performance Assessment registration is received by the final submission deadline of the program year, you will receive a partial refund of $65.
If you are absent, you will not receive a refund or credit of any kind. You will need to register and pay again to test on a future date.
Emergency circumstances. If you are absent from a test session because of an emergency circumstance (illness, injury, hospitalization, or death in the immediate family), you may be eligible to receive a fee voucher that you may use to register for a future test session.
To request a voucher, you must mail or fax to Evaluation Systems
- a letter describing the emergency situation, and
- written documentation, such as a dated newspaper obituary or a dated letter signed by a professional licensed to diagnose or treat the emergency condition (e.g., physician), on that person's professional letterhead.
Documentation from a medical professional must specifically excuse you from testing on the date of the test. Documentation containing electronic signatures will not be accepted.
The letter and required documentation must be received at Evaluation Systems within 30 calendar days after the missed test session.
If you have any outstanding balance owed by you to Evaluation Systems after a test administration for which you were registered, all of your test results for that test date may be permanently voided and therefore not reported to you, to the CTC, or to any institutions.
The following policies apply to you when you have an outstanding balance with Evaluation Systems:
- You will be assessed an additional fee to cover the processing required to clear your account.
- You will not be allowed to register for future test dates until your balance, which includes the additional fee, is paid in full.
- Any credits or refunds for which you may be eligible will be applied first to your outstanding debt, with any excess to be returned to you.
If a credit card charge for an Evaluation Systems service for you is disputed:
- You may not be allowed to make any future payments by credit card.
- You must make your payment to clear your account by cashier's check or money order only.
- If you attempt to pay for any further services by cashier's check or money order before clearing your account, any payments received will be applied first to your outstanding debt, with any excess applied to the requested services.
Late Arrival Policy
If you arrive late and are not admitted to a test administration, you will be considered absent and will not receive a refund or credit of any kind. You will need to register and pay again to test on a future date.
It is essential that you report for your test appointment no later than the testing time indicated on your test appointment confirmation. If you arrive more than 15 minutes late to a test appointment, you may not be admitted.
It is essential that you report for the test session no later than the time indicated on your admission ticket. If you arrive late to the test session, you may not be admitted, in which case you will be considered absent. If you are admitted after the test administration has begun, you will not be given any additional time beyond the scheduled ending time for the test session, and you will be required to sign a statement acknowledging this policy.
If the test that you are taking begins with a component for which you are required to listen to an audio recording or watch a video recording, you will not be admitted to the test after the recording has begun playing.
You must bring to the test administration one piece of current, government-issued identification printed in English, in the name in which you registered, bearing your photograph and signature.
Acceptable forms of identification include the following:
- Driver's license with photograph and signature
- Passport with photograph and signature
- State identification with photograph and signature (provided by the Department of Motor Vehicles for individuals who do not have a driver's license)
- National identification with photograph and signature
- Military identification with photograph and signature
- Alien Registration Card (green card, permanent resident visa)
A government-issued ID missing a visible signature or that has an embedded signature must be supplemented with an original (no photocopies), valid (unexpired) ID that has at least a matching name and recent recognizable photograph, or a matching name and signature.
Unacceptable forms of identification include draft classification cards, credit cards of any kind, Social Security cards, student IDs, international driver's licenses, international student IDs, notary-prepared letters or documents, employee identification cards, learner's permits or any temporary identification cards, and automated teller machine (ATM) cards.
If you do not have proper identification at the time of your test, you will be denied admission to the test session. If you are refused admission to the test, for any reason, you will be considered absent and will receive no credit or refund of any kind.
Please note the following:
- Your middle initial in your account on this website must match the middle name or initial on your ID.
- If you have a hyphenated last name, one of the following must be true of your name as it appears in your account on this website and on your ID:
- either both instances must use the complete hyphenated name
- if one instance only uses one last name, it must be the second last name from the full hyphenated version
If the name on your identification differs from the name in which you are registered, you must bring official, original verification of the change (e.g., original marriage certificate, original court order).
If you have a question about your identification, contact us to submit your question to Evaluation Systems before the day of the test.
Copyright © 2018 Pearson Education, Inc. or its affiliate(s). All rights reserved.
Pearson, P.O. Box 226, Amherst, MA 01004